Friday, February 26, 2010

Exponential Functions On A Finite Planet � Erstwhile Urban Wanderer

Exponential Functions On A Finite Planet � Erstwhile Urban Wanderer

I found this person's work while trying to get an answer to a mathematical problem I was working.
His evidences caused me pause and I read the research a while.
Insightful and sort of alarming, it does indicate that this complacence of our time is waning. I wouldn't say I agree with everything there, but on the symptomatic nature of the observations? I surely agree. Things can't keep going like this.

Now, I am not saying that our time is short...just that empirically, evidences like this give me reason to wonder. The world works with mechanisms and sciences that we can observe. The Creator uses people, nations, and nature to mysteriously and sovereignly bring about His purposes.

I should explain what I mean here: God made the world and everything in it. This includes the laws of science that we discover and measure. These laws came from the mind of God, and of course He can have sovereignty over those things. The interesting thing is that He also makes people--human beings--with spontaneous and responsible choices. These choices, i.e. free will/liberty, are a part of our humanity, a created thing, and the how (the mystery of the mechanism) God uses our choices is not the issue to me. The fact that our liberty is a created thing is the point; God is sovereign over ALL created things. His purposes will be fulfilled. We can see this in Scripture and we can see this, with a Biblical World-view, in History.

For all I know, Jesus could wait a long time before His return--maybe the World will come together under a more peaceful attitude and find new ways of cooperation and progress.
Oh wait, it is that prophetic situation that precedes His return.
Have a great weekend and God Bless you and yours!

"Therefore, be alert, since you don't know what day your Lord is coming.  But know this: If the homeowner had known what time the thief was coming, he would have stayed alert and not let his house be broken into.  This is why you also must be ready, because the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect." Matthew 24:42-44

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous users are allowed to leave comments and questions. Keep in mind that this is in keeping with the Principles of Reality, i.e. Christianity, that doesn't hide from any critique or questions. Please keep it respectful for others' sake--in other words, treat others how you would like to be treated. Thank you for your thoughts!