Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My Birthday Present


Last week, I had a birthday (which coincided with the day I started this blog). Now, the older I get, the less I really wish to commemorate anything having to do with 'my' day. However, when I get cherished cards from my loved ones, I am more than satisfied. (BTW, thanks mom--your card came the requisite few days late...I love you! *wink*)

Well, this year I received what may be my favorite card--ever. This card came from my daughter--she is 12 going on 21--and it literally brought me to tears. The card itself, while poignant, was not the impetus for the emotion--it was the little hand written note tucked inside.

First off, I want to say THANK YOU...for everything you have done for me. For love, guidance, wisdom, and of course life! You have been with me through it all, the bad, the happy, and even the funny times. I love how you support me and ask me my opinions and how I think. You make me a better person. I also thank you for all the time you put into my life to make me the best that I can be. You influence my life in so many ways, I'm BLESSED to have you! Happy Birthday Daddy! I love you !!!--Maddie


They sure learn how to give the older they get.
*grinning* I got a Daddy!

3 comments:

  1. It almost broke me to tear when I read this! Thanks for sharing Brian!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thanks so much Sista! I am flattered that you stopped by; let me encourage you to help me make this a good place to be--to think, to laugh, and to love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never even met you, and it brings me to tears. I've got three children (5, 2, and 2.5 months), and it is amazing to experience the truly honest and great love of children. It's as naked and as real as their trust, which is why Jesus spoke of their faith as the standard for what all faith should be.

    As you've said in another post, Christianity is reality. In the same way, the love of a child is so refreshing, because it is truly real...totally unconstrained. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous users are allowed to leave comments and questions. Keep in mind that this is in keeping with the Principles of Reality, i.e. Christianity, that doesn't hide from any critique or questions. Please keep it respectful for others' sake--in other words, treat others how you would like to be treated. Thank you for your thoughts!